DDK Positioning is leading the way in innovative solutions and technology in the GNSS market. Key to our success is our relationships with our partners and in order to maintain and grow these we currently have an opening for a full time Account Manager. The role will focus building and expanding on new and existing relationships, being the main focal point for our partners whilst assisting in growing their client base and facilitating the adoption of the DDK service globally.
This candidate is required to have an in-depth knowledge of the GNSS / Survey Industry and how the services are utilised in Marine and Land applications to ensure the end clients and partners have a good knowledge on how to promote to the market and increase the market adoption.
This role reports to the Commercial Director.
- Maintaining lasting customer relationships with key partners. Promoting DDK Positioning and gaining intelligence with a view to securing profitable/strategic sales wins and emerging market opportunities.
- Assisting in the formulation, documentation, and planning of sales and bidding strategies, including the review of specifications, formulation of clarifications, presenting innovative solutions to challenges, developing competitive advantages and determination of target price points.
- Gathering intelligence on competitors’ assets, strategies and creating a value proposition biased toward DDK Positioning products and services.
- Regular reporting of key information to the DDK Management Team. Recording all meetings and opportunities into DDK Positioning’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Attendance at specific technical conferences and exhibitions which may include the creation and presentation of whitepapers.
- Heavily involved in the DDK Product Management function, capturing and managing technical feedback from partners and market along with associated commercial considerations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Professionally qualified/degree educated (in relevant field) but can be offset by professional experience.
- An excellent understanding of the competitive landscape and intimate knowledge of the GNSS / Survey market sector including a core technical understanding of GNSS technologies and solutions.
- Detailed understanding of the potential business within the marketplace gained through previous experience as a Sales Account Manager / Customer Relationship Manager or Business Development Manager.
- An extensive proven track record of profitable revenue generation in the services sector is essential.
- Commercial and contract awareness/experience is necessary.
Personal Qualities & Skills
- Ability to listen to the customer’s needs and propose best-fit solutions.
- Manages customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Excellent networking, negotiation, and influencing skills are essential with the ability to qualify customers, overcome objections and close a sale. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Be self-driven with the tenacity to work independently. Able to receive direction and apply imagination to completion.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates good presentation skills;
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within the area of responsibility.
- Working in accordance with the DDK Integrated Management System (IMS) and Core Values: Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation.
- Proactive in proposing, defining, and implementing beneficial change in the Company.
- Keeping an ever-present focus on health, safety, and the environment.
- Conducting self in a professional manner as an ambassador for the Company.
- Demonstrating a commitment and drive to develop self and others.
- Travel to all partner sites globally to capture feedback, build relationships and assist with sales opportunities. This will include occasional overnight stays of varying lengths.
- Being flexible to take on any other duties (within reason and skillset) that the business may require.
This role may be suitable for fully remote personnel which would be considered on a case-by-case basis. However, home base locations in close proximity to DDK’s office in Aberdeen is preferred.